Next Page " The Product " >>>

ęCopyrights All rights reserved
Bio-Coal, A Global Product for a Global Solution
With the worldwide growth of environmental awareness and support for the reduction of CO2 emissions and forest sector waste, combined with new laws and regulations, and related events are encouraging us to seek viable solutions.  [Paris Agreement - COP21]
Logging operations often process only 30% of harvested fibre leaving 70% of fibre that is suitable for bio-fuels.  That fibre is often burned or left to rot.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) notes the country will close numerous coal-fired power plants by 2020 to meet new EPA regulations.  Bio-coal can replace much of the coal now burned to significantly reduce emissions and without any changes to the users' fuel handling system.
Currently there is an oversupply of hog fuel (tree bark) in B.C.  The situation has created large stockpiles of tree bark to the point where producers are faced with curtailing operations. Report indicate much of the surplus is being burned.  Hog fuel is a high BTU when converted into bio-coal.